Tasks of the Statistical Office in Gdańsk
The Statistical Office in Gdansk is one of 16 statistical offices - official statistics local units subordinated to Statistics Poland in Warsaw. The office acts on the basis of:
- Act of 29 June 1995 on Official Statistics (Journal of Laws 2022 item 459),
- Act of 21 November 2008 on Civil Service (Journal of Laws 2022 item 1691),
- Regulation No. 19 of the President of Statistics Poland of 5 December 2012 on granting the statute to the Statistical Office in Gdańsk (Official Journal: 2012 item 58, 2014 item 43, 2015 item 19, Official Journal 2018 item 26 and 69, 2019 item 38),
- Organisational regulations of the Statistical Office in Gdańsk (Annex to the internal order No. 1 of the Director of the Statistical Office in Gdańsk of 16 January 2018).
The office performs the following tasks:
- organises, conducts and edits statistical surveys on the territory of Pomorskie Voivodship according to the programme of statistical surveys and regulations of Statistics Poland, including large-scale surveys (national censuses, agricultural censuses, etc.),
- undertakes to conduct surveys in cooperation with the government administration in Pomorskie Voivodship, as well as other individual surveys not included in the survey programme,
- disseminates the results of surveys mainly through the publications of the Office,
- administers two registers:
- as part of the Office's specialisation, we implement nationwide tasks in the field of methodological work, research and statistical analysis in the area of:
- education (including life-long learning) and human capital,
- working conditions and accidents at work,
- Labour Force Survey,
- we popularise and promote knowledge of official statistics and its information resources, including conducting classes in statistical education in Pomorskie Voivodship.