Tasks of the Statistical Office in Gdańsk
The Statistical Office in Gdansk is one of 16 statistical offices - official statistics local units subordinated to the Statistics Poland in Warsaw. The office acts on the basis of:
- law dated 29 June 1995 on official statistics (Journal of Laws 2019 item 649, with later amendments),
- decree No. 19 of the President of the Statistics Poland dated 5 December 2012 on granting the statute to the Statistical Office in Gdańsk (Official Journal 2012 item 58, Official Journal 2014 item 43, Official Journal 2015 item 19, Official Journal 2018 item 26 and 69, Official Journal 2019 item 38),
- law dated 21 November 2008 on civil service (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1559, with later amendments),
- Organisational Regulation of the Statistical Office in Gdańsk (Annex to the internal order No. 1 of the Director of the Statistical Office in Gdańsk dated 16 January 2018).
The office performs the following tasks:
- organises, conducts and edits statistical surveys on the territory of Pomorskie Voivodship according to the programme of statistical surveys and directives of Statistics Poland, including large-scale surveys (national censuses, agricultural censuses, etc.),
- undertakes to conduct surveys in cooperation with the government administration in Pomorskie Voivodship, as well as other individual surveys not included in the survey programme,
- disseminates the results of surveys mainly through the publications of the Office,
- administers country official registers:
- as part of the Office's specialisation, we implement nationwide tasks in the field of methodological work, research and statistical analysis in the area of:
- education (including life-long learning) and human capital,
- working conditions and accidents at work,
- Labour Force Survey,
- we popularise and promote knowledge of official statistics and its information resources, including conducting classes in statistical education in the Pomorskie Voivodship.